7 Things You Need to Know About Your Aircon Unit Ducts
A well-designed and executed aircon unit will definitely provide cooling through an office or home by distributing air to different spaces as their size and use requirements. These airflow adjustments are also used to address comfort complaints from occupants who desire more or less cooling or heating than the average person.
Here are some important things to know about your aircon unit ducts:
1) A dirty air filter or an unbalanced system makes your aircon unit work harder.
This weakens an aircon unit’s lifespan. That’s why it is important to regularly clean the filters, you can do them quarterly and inspect the aircon units annually.
2) It is recommended to have your aircon unit ducts professionally inspected at least every 3 years.
This is to ensure the quality performance of your heating and cooling equipment. This means also that even if there is no visible damage or mold growth you still need to have them checked.
3) If you see excessive dust or pet hair in or around your aircon unit vents, it’s time to clean them.
This will include all aircon unit vents and not just the ones that go to your living space. Take a vacuum with an attachment give the whole aircon unit vent system a thorough cleaning and remove some of that dust and dirt inside your aircon unit duct equipment.
4) Even duct cleaners are not allowed to use any chemical cleaners on an aircon unit unless they come from a professional aircon servicing company.
This is because the chemicals they used may damage the entire aircon unit and can cause improper aircon unit operation or future failure. So it is always important to call the right professional aircon servicing company for this matter.
5) Aged metal returns always make a room feel stuffy and hot no matter what the temperature of the aircon unit is set at.
We already know that metal corrosion could make a difference in how your aircon unit works. It may also lead to more serious aircon unit ducts problems when it is not properly checked.
6) When possible, leave window aircon units on during hot summer days to dry out your aircon unit duct system and minimize mold growth within it.
This reduces the chance of respiratory problems such as asthma, allergies, and more.
7) Many homeowners clean their aircon unit ducts themselves to save money.
But the truth is, this can cost them more later on in equipment or aircon unit replacement. It is always safe to call on a professional aircon servicing company to do them properly.
It’s always a good time to talk about the common issues that aircon units have. This way, you’ll be able to spot if there are problems with your unit or not and prepare for its replacement accordingly. If you require our aircon servicing services, Whatsapp us at +65 9222 4141 for a fast and transparent quote.
338 Aircon Servicing Singapore provides an extensive range of Aircon Services including Aircon Servicing, Aircon Repairs, Aircon Installation of the best aircon brands, Chemical Overhaul, Gas Top-up, Aircon Leaking Water, and Aircon Not Cold Fix, and more. We have a team of professional technicians who are equipped with vast knowledge and experience in the Aircon industry.
We have over 15 years of experience in dealing with aircon works and have completed thousands of aircon works for both residential (Landed, Condo, and HDB) and commercial. We are a highly recommended Aircon Company in Singapore, with many delighted customers and reviews over the years on Google and Facebook.
WhatsApp us at +65 9222 4141 for a transparent quotation and honest pricing for all your aircon needs or Call us at +65 9222 4141. We offer a fast and efficient service to serve any of your aircon needs!