Get To Know Difference Between A General Aircon Unit Cleaning Service And Chemical Wash Service
Since it is a new year, are you also planning to have your aircon unit be serviced or cleaned? Are you confused about the different types of aircon unit services around you? In Singapore, various aircon professional aircon servicing companies are offering many different types of cleaning services. However, if a professional aircon servicing company adopts the most effective aircon unit servicing procedures with no hidden charges, there are only 2 basic types of cleaning. These are the general aircon cleaning service and chemical wash service. It is important to note that others may also call chemical wash services a chemical overhaul. Both should actually be referring to almost the same type of service.
A lot of people who use or own aircon units could NOT tell the difference between a general aircon service and a chemical cleaning service. Choosing the right type of service is an essential step to achieving the optimum performance of an aircon unit. This is why some aircon units require a chemical wash service but the users wanted to pay for a lower cost and opt for a general aircon cleaning service. On the other hand, some users wanted to perform a chemical wash even though their aircon unit is still clean and general cleaning is sufficient and good enough.
Here are the differences between a general aircon cleaning service and chemical wash service.
Pro 338 Reminder: The following are not limited to the differences of both cleaning services listed below. However, these all could be helpful:
1) This type of aircon unit service is required either every one to three months depending on the extent of usage and the environment. Most residential users perform this every 3 to 4 months, while most commercial users will perform this monthly or once every 2 months. This is because commercial aircon units are subject to higher usage compared to residential aircon units.
2) This type of aircon unit service requires less technical knowledge than chemical wash. However, it is recommended that a professional aircon servicing company would still perform this type of aircon unit cleaning service.
3) There is no need to pump down and pump up refrigerant or air coolant.
4) There is no need to know how to dismantle and reassemble the entire fan coil as not the entire fan coil is not removed from the wall. Usually, only parts such as fan coil cover, air filter, air blower, drainage tray, etc are removed for this type of aircon unit cleaning service. This also cleans only certain reachable parts and areas of the fan coil.
5) This is easy to perform and takes more or less 2 people from a professional aircon servicing company to execute the procedure in 20 to 30 minutes.
6) For onsite cleaning: It includes cleaning the evaporating coil, its surrounding areas, and the drainage pipe. Also, an onsite aircon unit cleaning service will include cleaning the aircon blower which is usually on the hidden part of the aircon unit. You need to detach it for a proper aircon unit cleaning service.
For offsite cleaning: It includes cleaning the air blower, drainage tray, fan coil cover, and air filter. Normally only water is used for offsite cleaning since water is more neutral compared to acid or alkaline solution.
Pro 338 Note: Some companies may use shortcut cleaning in their standard aircon servicing. They may not detach the air blower and drainage tray for offsite cleaning.
7) When it comes to pricing and cost, this type of aircon unit cleaning service is much cheaper compared to the chemical wash service.
8) For its downside, it is not totally effective in resolving many aircon issues caused by extremely dirty fan coils such as is clogged with dirt, dust and grime.
1) This type of aircon unit cleaning service is required either half-yearly or yearly depending on the extent of usage and the environment. Most residential users perform this every once to twice a year. While commercial users from different industries have different requirements in performing chemical wash. For example, hospitals, clinics, and restaurants will perform chemical wash more regularly compared to office units.
Pro 338 Reminder: Only a professional aircon servicing company should perform this type of aircon unit cleaning service.
2) This type of aircon unit cleaning service requires a professional aircon servicing company knowledge and training more than regular aircon unit cleaning servicing.
3) For this type of aircon unit cleaning service, you need to pump down and pump up refrigerant or air coolant.
4) The team from the professional aircon servicing company needs to know how to remove the fan coil from the wall or ceiling and dismantle and reassemble the whole aircon unit. This, therefore, requires knowledge and experience in aircon installation.
5) When it comes to performing this type of aircon unit cleaning service, it is more difficult than a regular aircon unit servicing. It would definitely take 2 people from the professional aircon servicing company, to perform this procedure for 45 minutes to an hour. This is also accordingly the best practice procedure to perform a proper full scope and thorough chemical cleaning.
6) For onsite cleaning: No aircon unit parts are left on site as the entire fan coil is removed for off-site cleaning. Improper cleaning practices may damage the fan coil. In fact, it is very difficult or impossible to rinse away all the chemicals on site.
Pro 338 Note: Some professional aircon servicing companies may perform chemical cleaning onsite. However, this is not a proper way to perform chemical cleaning. You can’t possibly do a proper chemical aircon cleaning service onsite.
For offsite cleaning: It includes cleaning off all the washable parts in the fan coil. This uses a brush, chemical solution, and water for cleaning. Also, they use either acidic or alkaline-based cleaners for offsite cleaning.
In a proper chemical wash, entire fan coil components should be removed for cleaning offsite. Normally chemical reactions between the cleaner and the metal surface of the evaporator coil can cause metal loss unless the chemicals are thoroughly rinsed off in a timely manner to prevent coil damage.
7) When it comes to pricing and cost, this is around 5 to 6 times more expensive than a general aircon unit cleaning service.
8) For the advantage of this type of aircon unit cleaning service, it can resolve many aircon issues. Examples include aircon units not being cold, foul smell from aircon units, noisy aircon units, water leaking, ice forming on evaporator coil or condenser, etc. This is provided there isn’t any faulty part in your aircon unit.
A basic knowledge about these two types of basic aircon unit cleaning service will take you a long way. It will also allow you to save and prepare for the cost of it. We often see a lot of people who take good care of their pets and treat them like family. Why don’t we do the same thing towards our aircon unit? After all, the comfort that it brings to every home is totally relieving. Treat your aircon units to the right kind of cleaning service that it truly deserves.
It’s always a good time to talk about the common issues that aircon units have. This way, you’ll be able to spot if there are problems with your unit or not and prepare for its replacement accordingly. If you require our aircon servicing services, Whatsapp us at +65 9222 4141 for a fast and transparent quote.
338 Aircon Servicing Singapore provides an extensive range of Aircon Services including Aircon Servicing, Aircon Repairs, Aircon Installation of the best aircon brands, Chemical Overhaul, Gas Top-up, Aircon Leaking Water, and Aircon Not Cold Fix, and more. We have a team of professional technicians who are equipped with vast knowledge and experience in the Aircon industry.
We have over 15 years of experience in dealing with aircon works and have completed thousands of aircon works for both residential (Landed, Condo, and HDB) and commercial. We are a highly recommended Aircon Company in Singapore, with many delighted customers and reviews over the years on Google and Facebook.
WhatsApp us at +65 9222 4141 for a transparent quotation and honest pricing for all your aircon needs or Call us at +65 9222 4141. We offer a fast and efficient service to serve any of your aircon needs!