What are aircon brackets?
Aircon brackets are brackets that are needed to install in order to support your outdoor unit and hold your aircon unit securely. This is usually required for those apartments that do not have an aircon ledge.
The aircon brackets are composed of aluminum and have a polyester layer inside to serve as a cushion. This helps reduce the aircon unit collapse by creating a tighter seal. The polyester coating functions as insulation too. Hence, this item won’t receive rust in extreme climates such as extreme rainy conditions or even on hot summer days in Singapore.
Do I need an aircon bracket?
A properly installed aircon unit should sit securely in the window without an additional support bracket. Generally, you’ll need to buy a support bracket separately. Most home improvement centers that sell window units also sell brackets, and you’ll also find them available online, you can also ask a reliable professional aircon servicing company for suggestions and recommendations, especially for the best type of aircon bracket to use.
Are aircon brackets necessary?
We all know that various aircon units come in a variety of sizes as well. A professional aircon servicing company recommends that very heavy aircon units such as those weighing more than 100 pounds, do require additional support and some locations require the use of a bracket for all window-type aircon units regardless of weight.
What are the different types of aircon brackets to choose from?
1) Fishtank brackets are commonly used for the occupants on the first floor of an apartment unit to keep the condenser unit high enough to stop floodwater from getting inside the unit.
2) Long L brackets are usually used for installing the condenser unit sideways for improved air circulation. This usually has to do with limited outdoor space.
3) Normal L brackets are the most common type of aircon bracket used in Singapore.
What are the benefits of using an aircon bracket?
1) Aircon brackets will ensure that your aircon unit will be clean and accessible at all times. You can easily clean the aircon unit without moving it or untangling yourself from various wires by just pulling the aircon unit out. Brackets make your life easier by safely and securely supporting the aircon unit, making it easy to attach and remove in case of repairs or cleaning.
Pro 338 Reminder: If you want to have your aircon unit thoroughly cleaned and serviced regularly, then it is recommended to call for a professional aircon servicing company. They can perform various types of aircon unit cleaning such as steam cleaning or even chemical cleaning which can guarantee that your aircon unit will be cleaned from inside out.
2) It can help in extending the life of your aircon unit since aircon brackets prevent rainwater from flowing into the entire aircon unit during rainstorms, thus extending the lifespan of your aircon unit.
Pro 338 Reminder: A well-maintained and regularly serviced will definitely give you the optimum performance that you look for in an aircon unit. It will also save you and your pockets from unnecessary aircon issues that may arise if you just keep using your aircon unit without even taking care of it. Call for a professional aircon servicing company since they can absolutely help you in extending the life of your aircon unit, with the right procedures and services that they could offer.
3) Aircon brackets enable the free flow of exhaust gasses out from the aircon unit, preventing high levels of moisture from building up within the entire aircon unit, which can be harmful to people living around the vicinity. This prevents safety concerns such as mold growth inside and outside your home as well as bad odors.
Pro 338 Reminder: Your aircon unit is indeed a thriving place for molds or even different types of bacteria. These may not just harm your aircon unit and could even lead to serious aircon issues but can also harm the members of your family at home especially if you are living with children or an elderly. Make it a habit to often check your aircon unit, and always ask for any advice from your trusted professional aircon servicing company when you notice that something might be wrong with your aircon unit, especially if it emits a strange smell.
What can be the downsides of using an aircon bracket?
1) The aircon brackets are not a permanent solution to mounting an aircon unit on your home, they only offer temporary support until you decide to re-mount the aircon unit permanently, which may be costly compared to wall brackets’ cost. You can simply choose another bracket that suits your needs if you have already bought one before knowing this disadvantage better than after buying and attaching it to your aircon unit.
2) Some houses/condominium units are not structurally designed for wall mounting an aircon outdoor unit, however, in this case, not using brackets will put you and your family at risk.
Pro 338 Reminder: You are not alone in ensuring that your aircon unit will be at its best performance. A professional aircon servicing company will always be willing to listen and help you with your various aircon unit needs, from purchasing, installing, and even maintaining them.
It’s always a good time to talk about the common issues that aircon units have. This way, you’ll be able to spot if there are problems with your unit or not and prepare for its replacement accordingly. If you require our aircon servicing services, Whatsapp us at +65 9222 4141 for a fast and transparent quote.
338 Aircon Servicing Singapore provides an extensive range of Aircon Services including Aircon Servicing, Aircon Repairs, Aircon Installation of the best aircon brands, Chemical Overhaul, Gas Top-up, Aircon Leaking Water, and Aircon Not Cold Fix, and more. We have a team of professional technicians who are equipped with vast knowledge and experience in the Aircon industry.
We have over 15 years of experience in dealing with aircon works and have completed thousands of aircon works for both residential (Landed, Condo, and HDB) and commercial. We are a highly recommended Aircon Company in Singapore, with many delighted customers and reviews over the years on Google and Facebook.
WhatsApp us at +65 9222 4141 for a transparent quotation and honest pricing for all your aircon needs or Call us at +65 9222 4141. We offer a fast and efficient service to serve any of your aircon needs!